This monetary award, created by the Provost in 2001, is designed to honor faculty members whose record of sustained service to the University and/or profession has been particularly distinguished.
Service may have been to a department or college, the university as a whole, or to a broader community through professional or public service to the faculty member’s discipline. Only service that is sustained and truly distinguished is worthy of this recognition. It must evidence the qualities of excellent service defined by CMU: caring, knowledge, availability, and follow-through.
A call for nominations will be sent out to the campus community in January of each year. Instructions will be provided as to the process. Winner(s) will be recognized at the Faculty Excellence Exhibition ceremony in March.
Faculty Distinguished Service Award Information.pdf
:: Winners ::
- 2012 - Maureen MacGillivray
- 2011 - Kevin Love
- 2010 - Koblar Alan Jackson
- 2009 - No winner on record
- 2008 - James Jones & Roger Hatch
- 2007 - Tim Hartshorne
- 2006 - Robert Newby
- 2005 - Wayne Osborn & Gary Dunbar
- 2004 - Jim Gillingham & Claudia Douglas
- 2003 - Tom Kromer & Jim Hornak
- 2002 - Roger Coles, Tanya Domina, & Jim Wojcik
- 2001 - Mary Senter, Elaine Daniels, & Joyce Hendricks