- Position: Assistant Professor, TID Area Coordinator
- Campus Address: 137 Moore Hall
- Phone: (989) 774-2061
- Email: email@example.com
- Area(s) of Expertise: B.F.A. Ohio University, M.F.A. Purdue University
Concentrated Area of Study:
Nancy Eddy is a professional director, actor, and drama teacher. She began teaching for the Department of Communication and Dramatic Arts in the fall of 2005 teaching Oral Interpretation for Children and Creative Dramatics. She directed Between Land and Sea: A Selkie Myth in the spring of 2006 for the department bringing in Laurie Brooks who conducted several workshops for students. She is currently teaching Oral Interpretation for Children and Creative Dramatics.
She is the former Artistic Manager of The Lilly Theater at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis where she directed over 30 plays for young audiences. Before coming to the museum Nancy taught drama/theatre throughout the state of Indiana as part of the Arts-in-Education Program funded by the Indiana Arts Commission and the National Endowment for the Arts. She has served as District Artist for Lawrence Township Schools and she has worked with the Indiana State Museum's Reach Bus, Young Audiences of Indiana and Very Special Arts Indiana.
Nancy has been adjunct faculty at Indiana University/Purdue University at Indianapolis (I.U.P.U.I.) for many years teaching acting, auditioning, creative drama, and introduction to theatre. She has also taught for Butler University in Indianapolis. For three years she served as the Director of ON STAGE: The Theatre Partnership of The Children's Museum of Indianapolis and the School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI.
For many years Nancy has been very active with The Waldo M. and Grace C. Bonderman National Youth Theatre Playwriting Symposium serving as a script reader, actor, director and the Director of Educational Outreach.
In 2002 Nancy received a Creative Renewal Arts Fellowship from the Arts Council of Indianapolis and visited many theatres in Europe that produced plays for young audiences. She was a special guest of the city of St. Petersburg, Russia attending the Tuz Theatre Festival, which brought plays to high school audiences from all over Europe.
- The American Alliance for Theatre and Education
- ASSITEJ/USA (International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People)
- Storytelling Arts of Indiana
- Actors' Equity Association
- Creative Renewal Fellowship from the Arts Council of Indianapolis
- President's Award for Excellence from The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
- Distinguished Associate Faculty Award in the School of Liberal Arts At I.U.PU.I
- "Profile: Dorothy Webb" in Theatre for Young Audiences Today, vol., 15, #2, 2001