All Students who apply for the MPA program must provide:
- A completed application form and any applicable fees to the College of Graduate Studies.
- Official transcripts showing all previous college and/or university course work completed from both graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Three letters of recommendation from former professors or public service professionals who can speak to your abilities and aptitudes.
- Current resume/vita.
- Two-three page essay discussing your prior educational and work experience and how an MPA degree will enhance your future plans.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 18 undergraduate credit hours in social sciences (History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Sociology, Humanities etc.).
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics or research methods course.
Once you have completed your admissions application, submitted your essay, and the college has received your transcripts and letters of recommendation your application will be submitted to the Political Science Department for review. A committee of Political Science Department faculty and the Program Director will review your application and make a recommendation for regular admission, conditional admission or denial.
Application deadlines vary by cohort. Please contact your local CMU program administrator or Laura Orta firstname.lastname@example.org for specific deadlines.
Central Michigan University
027 Anspach Hall
Political Science Department
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
Phone: (989) 774-2391
Fax: (989) 774-1136