Students are accepted into the program on a full-time basis. Before arriving on campus, each student is assigned a clinical faculty member. This faculty member aids the student in his or her passage through the program. Students entering with a BA/BS degree are required to complete approximately 108 graduate credit hours. Although some courses may be waived based on prior graduate work, no more than 30 credit hours can be transferred.
The deadline for receipt of all applications materials is December 16 for the Clinical Program. In addition to grades and GRE scores (subject portion not required), the Admissions Committee is attentive to letters of recommendation, personal statements, and relevant professional experiences. Admissions criteria select students who have general academic preparation in psychology and psychology-related research methodology.
Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program
Deadline: December 16, 2013
1. Complete and submit an application with all required application materials to the College of Graduate Studies at
(Domestic and International).
3. Mail official transcripts to: College of Graduate Studies, Central Michigan University, Foust Hall 100, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859. (Required)
4. Complete and submit three to accompany three letters of reference. Hard copies of this form must be returned directly to CMU, even if an electronic letter is submitted by the recommender to PSYAPPS@cmich.edu. (Required)
5. You must request that the Educational Testing Service (ETS) send an official copy of your GRE scores to the Chairperson, Clinical Admissions Committee, Department of Psychology, Central Michigan University, Sloan 101D, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan 48859. The code for Central Michigan University is 1106 and the Clinical Program Code number is 2001. (Required)
(The subject portion of the GRE is not required)
6. Email a vita/resume to PSYAPPS@cmich.edu. (Optional)
7. We encourage all applicants to be familiar with APA's Rules for Acceptance of Offers for Admission and Financial Aid.
If you have any difficulty accessing or completing these forms online, please contact:
Robin Decker, Clinical Program Senior Administrative Assistant
email@example.com, 989-774-6463, PSYAPPS@cmich.edu
Central Michigan University, Department of Psychology, Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program
Sloan Hall 139, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859
Thank you for your interest in CMU!