Katherine B. Rosier
SASW Department Chairperson
Anspach Hall 142
- Ph.D., Indiana University, 1996
- M.S., Indiana University, 1992
- B.S., Western Michigan University, 1988
Areas of Teaching expertise
- Social Psychology
- Sociology of the Family
- Sociology of Education
- Sociology of Childhood
- Research Methods
- Social psychology
- Social policy
- Kinney, David A. and Katherine Brown Rosier. 2005. Co-Editor. Sociological Studies of Children and Youth. Volume 11. Oxford, UK: JAI/Elsevier Science.
- Rosier, Katherine Brown and David A. Kinney. 2005. "Introduction to Volume 11: Historical and Contemporary Pressures on Children's Freedom." Pp.1-20 in D. A. Kinney and K. B. Rosier (eds.), Sociological Studies of Children and Youth, Vol. 11. Oxford, UK: JAI/Elsevier Science.
- Kinney, David A, Katherine Brown Rosier, and Brent D. Harger. 2003. "The Educational Institution." Pp. 575-599 L. T. Reynolds and N. J. Herman-Kinney (eds.), Handbook of Symbolic Interactionism, Walnut Creek, CA: Altamira Press.
- Rosier, Katherine Brown. 2003. Guest Editor. Sociological Studies of Children and Youth. Volume 9. Oxford, UK: JAI/Elsevier Science.
- "Christian Right as Civil Right: Covenant Marriage and a Kinder Gentler Moral Conservatism." With Feld, Scott L. and Amy K. Manning. Review of Religious Research 44, 2: 173-1983. 2002.
- "Zena and Carlotta: Transition Narratives and Early Education Policy in the United States and Italy." With Corsaro, William A. and Louisa Molinari. Human Development 45, 5: 323-348. 2002.
- "La Transizione alla Scuola Elementare in Italia e negli Stati Uniti." Rassenga di Psicologia (translation of Corsaro, Molinari, and Rosier above: "The transition from to elementary school in Italy and in the United States.") 2003.
- "Priming Events, Autonomy and Agency in Low-Income African American Children's Transition from Home to School." With Corsaro, William A. In Rosalind Edwards (ed.) Children, Home and School: Autonomy, Connection or Regulation? London, England: Routledge-Falmer, pp. 138-154. 2002.
- "Without the Parent You Lose the Child': Teachers' Expectations and Parents' (Non-) Involvement." Pp. 3-42 in David A. Kinney (ed.) Sociological Studies of Children and Youth. Stamford Conn: JAI Press Inc./ Ablex Publishing Corp., 2001
- Mothering Inner-City Children: The Early School Years. Rutgers University Press, 2000
- "Covenant Marriage: A New Alternative for Traditional Families," Journal of Comparative Family Studies 31, 3: 385-94.
Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work