Intellectual Contributions: 2010-2011 Academic Year
Refereed Journal Articles (Published)
- Baldwin, M. A., Langenderfer, J. E., Rullkoetter, P. J., Laz, P. J. (2010) Development of subject-specific and statistical shape models of the knee using an efficient geometry extraction and mesh morphing approach. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, 97, 232-240.
- Chen, D. (2011). Constraint-Based Three-Dimensional Kinematic Analysis. Journal of Engineering Technology, 28(1), 16-21.
- Hu, Q., Joshi, R. P. (2011). Case for Applying Subnanosecond High-Intensity, Electrical Pulses to Biological Cells. IEEE on Biomedical Engineering, 58(10), 2860-2866.
- Hu, Q., Joshi, R. P. (2010). Model Evaluation of Changes in Electrorotation Spectra of Biological Cells After nsPEF Electroporation. IEEE Trans on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, 17(6), 1888-1894.
- S. Lee. (2011). Tool wear monitoring in CNC lathe: a statistical approach for quick implementation. International Journal of Modern Engineering, 11(2), 37-46.
- Marinkovic, B., Kaya, T., Koser, H. (2011). Characterization of Ferroelectric Material Properties of Multifunctional Lead Zirconate Titanate for Energy Harvesting Sensor Nodes. Journal of Applied Physics, 109(1), 014904.
- Mock, A. P. (2011). Compact FDTD formulation for structures with spherical invariance. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 59(3), 987-993.
- Mock, A. P. (2010). First principles derivation of microcavity semiconductor laser threshold condition and its application to FDTD active cavity modeling. Journal of the Optical Society of America B. 27(11), 2262-2272.
- Yelamarthi, K., Mawasha, R. (2010). A Scholarship Model for Student Recruitment and Retention in STEM Disciplines. Journal of STEM Education: Innovations and Research, 11(5), 64-71.
Book Chapters (Published)
- DeJong, B. P., Colgate, J. E., Peshkin, M. A. (2011). Mental Transformations in Human-Robot Interfaces. Mixed Reality and Human-Robot Interaction. Springer.
Externally Funded Grants
- DeJong, Brian Peter (Co-Principal), Ryder, Jodi L (Principal), Rimer, Sara (Other), "Safe, Reliable Drinking Water: A Sustainable Design for a Developing Community," Sponsored by Michigan Campus Compact, Private Grant, $3,500.00. (September 1, 2009 - August 31, 2010).
- Kaya, Tolga (Principal), "Energy-efficient Wireless Temperature Sensor Node for Battery Free Applications" Sponsored by Metal Oxide Semiconductor Implementation Service (MOSIS) Educational Program, $40,000.00 (November 2010 - September 2011).
- Kinnicutt, Patrick G (Principal), Domina, Tanya (Co-Principal), Periyaswamy, Thamizhisai (Co-Principal), MacGillivray, Maureen Sweeney (Co-Principal), Lerch, Terence P (Co-Principal), "NSF MRI‑R2: Acquisition of a Thermal Manikin and a Guarded Sweating Hot plate for optimization of functional apparel systems to regulate heat and moisture," Sponsored by NSF - National Science Foundation, Federal Grant, $349,997.00. (January 4, 2010 - Present).
- Lemmer, Kristina Marian (Principal), "Development and Testing of a Microwave Plasma Source for Plasma Diagnostic Characterization," Sponsored by Michigan Space Grant Consortium, Federal Grant, $10,000.00. (May 1, 2011 - April 30, 2012).
Conference Proceedings (Published)
- Adkins, A., Mitchell, J., Trela, N., Yelamarthi, K. (2011). Tour Guide Robot: An Electrical Engineering Capstone Senior Design Project. ASEE North Central and Illinois-Indiana Joint Section Conference.
- Balma, R., Petsch, K., Kaya, T. (2011). Development of Thin Film Photolithography Process: Patterning Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and Copper Electroplating. Mount Pleasant: American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) North Central and Ilinois-Indiana Section Conference.
- Boomgard, D., Yelamarthi, K., Rakesh, L. (2011). A Case Study on Basic Fuel Cell Design and Applications. ASEE North Central and Illinois-Indiana Joint Section Conference.
- Bryant, B., Faber, N., Fisher, S., Simon, D., DeJong, B. P. (2011). Quantifying Helmet Safety: The Design and Construction of a Testing Apparatus. ASEE North Central Conference.
- DeJong, B. P. (2010). Auditory Occupancy Grids: Sound Localization on a Mobile Robot. Cambridge, MA: IASTED International Conference on Robotics and Automation.
- Fadiran, O., Kaya, T. (2011). Heat Index Characterization of the Human Body for a Wireless Track and Alert Sensor System (WTASS). Mount Pleasant: American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) North Central and Ilinois-Indiana Section Conference.
- Klenke, A., Martin, S., Netzly, M., Grosse, A., Chen, M.-S. (2011). Rain is a Good Thing: an ASME Project. Mt. Pleasant, MI: ASEE North Central Section Annual Meeting Proceedings.
- Langenderfer, J. E., Scibek, J. (2010). Probabilistic comparison of shoulder kinematic descriptions for rotator cuff tear patients pre- and post-subacromial injection.16 Biannual meeting of the Canadian Society of Biomechanicals.
- Petsch, K., Balma, R., Kaya, T. (2011). Analysis of the Power Conversion Efficiency on Energy Scavenging Interface Circuits. Mount Pleasant: American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) North Central and Ilinois-Indiana Section Conference.
- Petsch, K., Balma, R., Kaya, T. (2010). Development of Thin Film Photolithography Process: Patterning Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs). ACS Fall Scientific Meeting.
- Yelamarthi, K., Chen, H. (2011). Delay Optimization Considering Power Saving in Dynamic CMOS Circuits,. IEEE International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design.
- Yelamarthi, K., Mawasha, R. (2010). An Interdisciplinary Platform for Capstone Design Projects in Engineering and Technology Curriculums. (ed.). Annual ASEE Global Colloquium on Engineering Education.
- Yelamarthi, K., Haas, D., Nielsen, D., Mothersell, S. (2010). RFID and GPS Integrated Navigation System for the Visually Impaired. (ed.). IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems.
- Langenderfer, J.E., Faber, N.R. (2011) Moment arms of deltoid and rotator cuff with alterations in glenoid and humeral head inclination. 35th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Biomechanics, Long Beach, California, August 10-13.