Brooks Hall 321
Ph.D., Environmental and Water Resources Engineering, University of Michigan, 2007
M.S.E., Environmental and Water Resources Engineering, University of Michigan, 2001
B.S., Environmental Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1999
Hydro-climate trends, Contaminant hydrogeology, Interfacial geochemistry
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Dahl, T.A., Ryder, J.L., Selegean, J.P. (2010). . American Geophysical Union National Meeting, December 13-17, San Francisco, CA.
- Ryder, J.L. and A.H. Demond (2008). The Influence of Wettability Hysteresis on NAPL Source Zone Architecture. American Geophysical UnionNational Meeting, December 15-19, San Francisco, CA.
- Ryder J.L. and A. H. Demond (2008). "Wettability Hysteresis and its Implications for DNAPL Source Zone Distribution." Journal of Contaminant Hydrology. 102(1-2): 39-48. DOI: 10.1016/j.jconhyd.2008.07.010.
- Ryder, J.L. and A.H. Demond (2006). Mechanism of Wettability Hysteresis in Natural Soils. American Geophysical Union National Meeting, December 11-15, San Francisco, CA. (Winner of AGU student presenter award).
- Ryder, J.L. and A.H. Demond (2006). Wettability Hysteresis in Soils Due to Order of Liquid Contact. 80th ACS Colloid and Surface Science Symposium, June 18-21, Boulder, CO.
- Ramsburg, C.A., and K.D. Pennell, L.M. Abriola, G. Daniels, C.D. Drummond, M. Gamache, H. Hsu, E. Petroskis, K.M. Rathfelder, J. Ryder, T. Yavaraski, (2005). "A Pilot-Scale Demonstration of Surfactant-Enhanced PCE Solubilization at the Bachman Road Site: (2)
System Operation and Evaluation." Environmental Science and Technology39(6): 1791-1801. DOI: 10.1021/es049563r.
- Abriola, L.M., A.H. Demond, H. Hsu, D.M. O'Carroll, T.J. Phelan, C.A. Polityka, and J.L. Ryder (2004). "Compositional Effects on Interfacial Properties in Contaminated Systems: Implications for Organic Liquid Migration and Recovery." Subsurface Contamination Remediation, (T. Zachry and E. Berkey, eds.) ACS Symposium Series 904, Chapt. 8, 160-182,Oxford University Press, Washington D.C. ISBN: 0841239061.