Seniors at Flint Northern, Classical Academy and Northwestern High School are eligible to apply for the GEAR UP/College Day scholarship. The scholarship is worth up to $22,000 over four years of college. The award is based on financial need as demonstrated in the FAFSA (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/#). To qualify for the scholarship you must:
• Be a graduating senior at Flint Northern, Classical Academy or Northwestern High School
• Have participated in GEAR UP/College Day programs at your school
• Be a U.S. citizen.
• Be Pell Grant eligible.
• Be less than 22 years old (please see application for a complete list of qualifiers)
If awarded, the GEAR UP/College Day scholarship may be used at any of the fifteen (15) Michigan public universities and community colleges. You must submit the application by FEBRUARY 29, 2012. The application must be fully completed, and include the following essay questions:
1. What impact has GEARUP/College Day had on your life?
2. How do your future goals enhance your candidacy for this award?
Other points will be awarded for GEAR UP/CD participation, grade point average, ACT scores and extracurricular activities/community service. Two (2) letters of recommendation must also be submitted with application. Best of luck your second semester and we look forward to receiving your completed application. Remember the deadline is FEBRUARY 29, 2012. Please see your GEAR UP/CD Academic Advisor with any questions:
Ms. Tina Natale, Academic Advisor, Northwestern High School - 810.760.5034
Ms. Carla Clark, Academic Advisor,
Northern High School, Classical Academy - 810.422.0106