It seems like only yesterday that we were going through freshmen orientation. Now that our college careers are drawing to a close, the time has come to graduate, and interview for jobs. The leadership positions that we once held will be passed on to other up-and-coming students. As seniors, we cannot believe how fast our time here has passed.
This is our final trek around campus. Soon, our times spent in the halls of Central Michigan University will be only the fondest of memories. We will remember countless hours spent in the library, and the gallons upon gallons of coffee we had just to make it through that last final exam. We will remember long walks with our friends through campus, or visiting our favorite professor's office in between classes for a quick chat. We will remember how we grew as students, as friends, and as accomplished individuals.
Now YOU can help a future student make the very same memories! Last year, seniors pledged over $13,750, and created twenty $500 scholarships. Now, it's our turn! This year, we have been challenged to raise $13,750.
As a special thank you, those who contribute $20.13 or more will be recognized with a personalized brick, which will be placed in front of Warriner Hall. This is truly a unique opportunity to create a special place to come back and remember our time on campus.
Please take a moment to contribute using our online gift form. The Scholarship Application is also available online.
Also, please join our Facebook Group for a chance to win a iPad 3! No purchase is necessary.
Questions about the Making Our Mark campaign
What is the Making Our Mark campaign?
- The Making Our Mark campaign is a gift program for CMU seniors.
- This is our opportunity to create a Class of 2013 scholarship, which not only lets us give back and help other CMU students complete their education, but also continues a tradition of giving back by graduating seniors.
Why have a Making Our Mark campaign?
- To help those who follow in our footsteps, the Making Our Mark campaign is designed to establish scholarships for working students. It allows us to help someone, just as many of us have been assisted throughout our college careers.
- All the money raised from the Making Our Mark campaign will be awarded to working students. We hope to award $500 scholarships. The more money raised, the more scholarships that can be awarded.
What is the brick program?
- Everyone who donates $20.13 or more will be recognized with a brick in Warriner Mall. Over the next few years, sidewalks on the mall will be lined with 4"x8" bricks, which you can personalize. Put your name on the mall by making a $20.13 donation. Please note, prior to the brick being placed, your gift must be fulfilled.
Who recieves the scholarship?
- Money raised from the Making Our Mark campaign will go to fund scholarships in the name of the Class of 2013. All juniors and seniors, who are enrolled for the fall 2013 semester, have a 3.0 GPA and are working their way through school, are eligible to apply.
How much should I give?
- Participation is the key to a successful Making Our Mark campaign. Every gift counts, no matter what the size!
Do I have to pay my pledge now?
- No. When you send in your pledge card, mark the month you would like a pledge reminder sent to you.