The University's Auto Liability coverage is excess of any other valid and collectible coverage.
The University does not carry Physical Damage (collision) coverage for rental vehicles.
University policy states that any vehicle rented for business use must have Physical Damage (collision) Insurance. Your options are:
• MasterCard Corporate Purchasing Card (CMU Business MasterCard)
• Purchase insurance through the Rental/Leasing Agency
• Personal Credit Card
In the event a department rents or leases a vehicle and does not arrange for Physical Damage (collision) insurance, AND the vehicle is damaged, the Department is responsible for damage payment out of their departmental funds.
MasterCard Master Rental Insurance Coverage Highlights:
• Available to Enrolled Cardholder and named additional drivers
• No charge for insurance
• Primary coverage (no deductible)
• Can cover vehicles rented for up to 31 consecutive days
• Insures up to minivans designed to accommodate 9 or fewer passengers
for more details or contact the MasterCard Assistance Center at 1-800-MC-ASSIST or 1-800-622-7747 for further assistance.
Rental Agency or Personal Credit Card Insurance Policies:
Questions about rental agency insurance policies should be referred directly to agency representatives.
Employees using their own personal credit cards are advised to contact their credit card office regarding available rental auto insurance.