With increasing demands for effectiveness and accountability, faculty face rapid changes in technology, complex choices among evidence-based teaching practices, and student populations. Serving individual, departmental, and college-wide initiatives through diverse delivery modes, FaCIT’s mission is to support faculty and CMU via basic and cutting-edge programs, learning technologies, and services in as timely a way as possible.
With a focus on student engagement and active learning, FaCIT staff are equipped to collaborate with all parties involved with teaching-learning in a concerted effort to produce state-of-the-art instructional design, effective teaching-learning strategies, and essential ways to connect with students and engender a high level of commitment in course content.
- Assist faculty with creating motivational & meaningful learning experiences for their students.
- Increase collaborations with Global Campus.
Assist new faculty with a productive beginning at CMU.
- In collaboration with the College of Graduate Studies, develop & implement a year-long program of training for the graduate teaching assistants.
- In collaboration with the Office for Institutional Diversity, develop & implement a year-long program of training for faculty.
- Reorganize, focus more university-wide attention, and integrate the teaching and service award programs into a coherent whole.
- Advancement of Service Learning.