Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides academic and executive level leadership and supervision for all academic and student service programs: undergraduate, graduate, global campus, and continuing education programs.
- Advises the President on all matters relating to the academic functions of the university.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of quality in education and student services programs and operations consistent with goals and objectives of the University.
- Oversees the activities and programs of the Global Campus, College of Graduate Studies, offices of Institutional Diversity, Research and Sponsored Programs and International Affairs, and the University’s seven colleges (Business Administration; Communication and Fine Arts; Education and Human Services; Health Professions; Humanities and Social and Behavioral Sciences; Medicine; Science and Technology).
- Coordinates and manages strategic fiscal planning and budgeting.
- Advances the University’s commitment to diversity by successfully implementing a diversity plan.
- Ensures that the institutional academic programs and plans are aligned with the institutional mission in consultation with others through the principles of shared governance.
- Analyzes a variety of data sources to project and accomplish strategic outcomes.
- Promotes excellence in teaching, research, creative endeavors and service.
- Establishes and maintains an effective divisional resource procurement plan that supports the recruitment and retention of highly qualified faculty, staff and students.
- Identifies new sources of revenue to support existing programs, as well as the creation of new programs, which foster the mission of the university.
- Sets high standards for assessing the quality of programs, teaching and learning.
- Administers the promotion and tenure process; reviews all faculty evaluations and files presented for decisions on faculty reappointment, promotion, tenure or dismissal.
- Reviews and approves changes in departmental bylaws.