The professional and academic goals for the Theatre, Interpretation and Dance Area are:
- to engage the student in a disciplined exploration of the complex nature of the theatre arts, oral interpretation, and dance;
- to generate an appreciation for and a scholarly inquiry into the theatre arts, oral interpretation, and dance in the broad context of the arts and humanities;
- to develop specialized analytical and performance skills appropriate to the student's vocational aspirations and societal needs;
- to provide a cultural and artistic service to the academic and public communities through the production of selected theatre, oral interpretation, and dance performances and other projects;
- to provide extensive laboratory experience in all phases of performance and production for theatre, oral interpretation, and dance; and
- to contribute to the general advancement of knowledge by stimulating and supporting scholarly and creative-artistic research.
For more information about Theatre, Interpretation, and Dance programs, please call the TID Area Coordinator, Nancy Eddy (989-774-2061) or email email@example.com.