General program admission procedures for all applicants:
- Complete an Interior Design Program
- Submit art coursework transcript and/or visual portfolio (See details for incoming freshman and transfer students in the
- Submit examples of creative work if art coursework has been completed.
- Students MAY take the following Interior Design courses prior to formal admission to the program: IND 138, 139, 155, 238, 332.
- Students CAN NOT take IND 131, 337, 339, 437 or 439 before gaining formal acceptance into the program.
Retention & Termination Standards
- A limit of 12 credit hours of 100 and 200 level courses in Interior Design may be transferred to CMU. A visual review of student work is required.
- Students must achieve a C or better in all required courses to graduate with this major.
- Students must achieve a 2.7 program GPA or better to graduate with this major.