Frequently Asked Questions
- How long can we rent EHS equipment (excluding iPod Touch)?
- Equipment can be rented for 48 hours only, if equipment is not returned in a timely manner, fines will be placed on the CMU account of the user. If not returned at all, an equipment replacement fee will be charged on the CMU account of the user.
- Where are you located?
- We are in the Education Building, Second Floor, Room 228, on the west end of the building.
- What are your hours of operation?
- Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to 5 PM. Available other times at request, unable to guarantee assistance outside of our time frame.
- Is there a computer lab in the new building for public use?
- The EHS lab on the 1st floor is a public computer lab utilizing both Mac and Windows operating systems, hours of operation are 8 AM to 10 PM, 8 AM to 5 PM Saturday, Closed Sunday.
- Where do we go to get an iPod Touch for rent?
- They are available for rent through the CMU Bookstore, however, we also assign them to you in class during the opening week of classes if you do not already have one you own or rent.
- I am having an issue setting up my iPod, where do I go for assistance?
- During the first week of class, we will be helping you set up your iPod. If you need outside assistance during that first week, come see us in EHS 228. After the second week of classes, we only offer iPod assistance during our Technology Office Hours on Friday from 2-4 PM.
- Can we reserve technology equipment?
- CMU Faculty and Staff can reserve technology we have set aside for their use, however, students cannot reserve equipment and equipment rental is on a first come, first serve basis.
- I am from the press and would like to contact someone about the technology in the building/tour the building... How can I go about that?
- Contacting our front desk at 989-774-7875 or
E-Mailing Us is the best form of setting up an appointment.
- I just want more information and advice about technology, what I should purchase, use in the classroom, etc. Can you help me out?
- We can only give you our personal opinions and ideas about technology and its implementation.
Please note: Our personal opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the College of Education and Human Services and Technical Operations as a whole.