Speech-Language and Audiology Clinics
For more information or to make an appointment, contact the Carls Center at (989) 774-3904
or visit the Carls Center website
- The clinics are committed to assisting people with speech, language, and hearing impairments throughout the central Michigan area.
- The clinics were first opened in the early 1940s, and serve over 5000 persons per year.
- The clinics are located in the Health Professions Building, a modern facility equipped with sophisticated diagnostic and treatment equipment.
- The clinics also provide services on a contractual basis to public and private agencies.
- The clinics are staffed and supervised by nationally certified speech-language pathologists and audiologists.
Speech-Language Pathology Clinic
The clinic offers diagnostic and treatment services for persons of all ages with speech or language impairments related to neurological disease and brain injury, speech and language delay, developmental disorders, hearing impairment, stuttering, voice disorders, or foreign accent.
The clinic offers:
- Speech and Language Diagnostic and Screening Services
- Accent Reduction Therapy
- Communication Therapy for adults with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Individualized Speech & Language Therapy
- An Alternative and Assistive Communication Technology Lab
- Fast ForWord
- Therapy Acoustic & Physiologic Evaluation of Voice disorders
The clinic offers diagnostic and rehabilitative audiology services for persons from infancy through adulthood. Services include:
- Comprehensive Hearing Evaluation and Screening
- Electrophysiological assessment for disorders of hearing related to neurological impairments
- Central Auditory Processing Evaluation
- Assistive Listening Device Consultations
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Assessment of Dizziness and Balance Disorders
- Hearing Aid Selection and Fitting of both traditional analog and digitally programmable systems
- Fitting of Personal FM Systems
- Cochlear Implant Evaluation, Fitting & Rehabilitation
- Audiological Rehabilitation