Core Courses 1 (9 hours)
- PES 610 (3) Philosophy of Physical Education and Sport
- PES 670/HSC 670 (3) Research Methods for Physical Education and Sport, Health and Recreation
- PES 672 (3) Statistics for Physical Education and Sport, Health and Recreation
Core Courses II (3-6 hours)
Select either Plan A: Thesis or Plan B: Independent Study from the following:
- PES 691 (3) Independent Study
- PES 698 (1-6) Thesis
Required Courses (9 hours)
Select from the following:
- PES 560 (3) Principles and Foundations of Coaching
- PES 606 (3) Motor Learning and Human Performance
- PES 611 (3) Psychology of Sport
- PES 620 (3) Sport- An Interdisciplinary Study
Electives (6-9 hours)
Select electives in consultation with an advisor
Total: 30 semester hours
- An oral examination in the field of specialization may be given at the discretion of the department. The department reserves the right to administer a comprehensive examination after the completion of approximately 20 hours of course work as a tool to secure information to be used in counseling the student toward the completion of the selected program.
- Students must consult with an advisor prior to taking a 500-level course.
- Students must present 20 or more semester hours of classes at or above 600-level for this degree.
- A maximum of six hours of credit in practicum, field study, and internship courses may be applied toward the completion of this degree program.
- Individualized graduate programs for specific areas of interest such as Special Physical Education may be arranged in consultation with an advisor and with the Graduate Coordinator's approval.