Justin Oh-Lee, Ph.D.
Health Professions Building 2181
About Dr. Oh-Lee:
Dr. Justin Oh-Lee received his Ph.D. in 1995 from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), in Psychology. He received a postdoctoral National Institutes of Health Intramural Research Training Award from 1995 to 1999 and served as a research fellow from 1999 to 2001 at the Clinical Pharmacology Section, Experimental Therapeutics Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), NIH, Bethesda, MD, before coming to CMU.
<< back to faculty profiles
- Smith, CPS and Oh, JD, Bibbiania, F, Collins, MA, Avila, I, Chase TN. (2006) Tamoxifen effect on L-DOPA-induced response complications in parkinsonian rats and primates. Neuropharmacology, in press.
- Dunbar, GL, Oh, JD, and Lescaudron, L. (2006) Use of bone marrow stem cells as therapy for behavioral deficits in rodent models of Huntington’s disease. In P.R Sanberg and C. Davis (Eds.), Cell Therapy for Brain Repair (in press)
- Bibbiani F, Oh, JD, Krilaite A, Collins MA, Smith C, Chase TN. (2005) Combined blockade of AMPA and NMDA glutamate receptors reduces levodopa-induced motor complications in animal models of PD. Experimental Neurology, 196, 422-429.
- Bibbiani F and Oh, JD. (2005) Motor Complications In Primate Models of Parkinson’s Disease;Animal Models of Movement Disorders (Ed: LeDoux M), pp. 209-218, Elsevier Academic Press, London, UK.
- Wessell RH, Ahmed SM, Menniti FS, Dunbar GL, Chase TN, Oh, JD. (2004) NR2B Selective NMDA Receptor Antagonist CP-101,606 Prevents Levodopa-Induced Motor Response Alterations in Hemiparkinsonian Rats. Neuropharmacology, 47, 184-194.
- Bibbiani F and Oh, JD, Petzer JP, Castagnoli N, Chen J-F, Schwarzchild MA, and Chase TN. (2003) A2A antagonist prevents dopamine agonist-induced motor complications in animal models of PD. Experimental Neurology, 184(1), 285-294.
- Chase TN, Bibbiani F, Bara-Jimez W, Dimitrova T, Oh, JD. (2003) Translating A2a antagonist KW-6002 from animal models to parkinsonian patients. Neurology, 61 (6), S107-S111.
- Oh, JD, Chartisathian K, Ahmed SM, and Chase TN. (2003) Cyclic AMP responsive element binding protein (CREB) Phosphorylation and Persistent Expression of Levodopa-induced Response Alterations in Parkinsonian Rats. Journal of Neuroscience Research, 72, 768-780.
- Oh, JD, Geller AI, Zhang GR, Chase TN. (2003) Gene transfer of constitutively active protein kinase C into striatal neurons accelerates onset of levodopa-induced motor response alterations in parkinsonian rats. Brain Research, 971(1), 18-30.
- Chase TN, Bibbiani F, Oh, JD. (2003) Striatal Glutamatergic Mechanisms and Extrapyramidal Movement Disorders. Neurotoxicity Research, 5(1-2), 139-146.