Anspach Hall 128
- Ph.D., Sociology, Indiana University-Bloomington, 2006
- M.A., Sociology, Indiana University-Bloomington, 2001
- B.S., Sociology, University of California-Riverside, 1997
Areas of Teaching Expertise
- Sociology of Health
- Youth Studies
- Social Statistics
- Research examining the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, and bisexual populations.
- "Self-Injurious Behavior Among Homeless Young Adults: A Social Stress Analysis." Tyler, Kimberly A., Lisa A Melander, and Elbert P. Almazan. Social Science & Medicine 70: 269-276. 2010.
- "Connections Between Childhoold and Adulthood." McLeod, Jane D., and Elbert P. Almazan. Pp. 391-411 in Handbook of the Life Course, eds. Jeylan Mortiner and Michael Shanahan. 2003.