Director, Center for Applied Research and Rural Studies (CARRS)
Anspach Hall 312B
- Ph.D., University of Michigan, 1982
- M.A., University of Michigan, 1973
- B.A., Smith College, 1971
Areas of Teaching expertise
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Social Inequality
- Sociology of Sex and Gender
- Applied Sociology
- Public Opinion
- Senter, Mary S. and Richard Senter, Jr. "A Comparative Study of Traditional and Nontraditional Students' Identities and Needs." NASPA Journal, 35 (1998): 270 - 280.
- Senter, Mary S. and Richard Senter, Jr. "Student Outcomes and the Adult Learner: The Impact of an Extended Graduate Degree Program on Occupational Success." Continuing Higher Education Review, 61 (1997): 75 - 87.
- Senter, Mary S., John Dinan, Joseph E. Finck and William Miles. "Implementing an Advanced Composition Program with Faculty from Across the Curriculum." Innovative Higher Education, 1992.