Anspach Hall 312D
- Ph.D., McMaster University, 1986
- M.A., McMaster University, 1981
- B.A., McMaster University, 1980
Areas of Teaching expertise:
- Social Psychology
- Deviant Behavior
- Advanced Deviance
- Qualitative Methods
- Professional Seminar
- Medical Sociology
- Research Methods
- Women and Mental Illness
- The Handbook of Symbolic Interactionism, Walnut Creek, CA: AltaMira (co-edited with Larry T. Reynolds (2003).
- "Methods of Symbolic Interactionism." Pp. 213-53 In
The Handbook of Symbolic Interactionism, Walnut Creek, CA: AltaMira Press (with Joseph Verschaeve).
- "Deviance." Pp. 695-720 In
The Handbook of Symbolic Interactionism. Walnut Creek, CA: AltaMira Press.
- "Road Rage: An Exploratory Analysis."
Michigan Sociological Review Vol. 13 (1999): 65 - 79.
- Book review of "Qualitative Research Methods" by Kenneth Stoddart.
In Teaching Sociology, 1998.
- Herman, Nancy J. and Larry T. Reynolds. "Goffman and Garfinkel on Dramaturgy, Ethnomethodology and Everyday Life."
Classical and Contemporary Sociological Theory 2nd Edition. Ed. Berch Berberolgu. Dix Hills, New York: General Hall, 1998. Chapter 8.