Experience a high-quality education in the fields of science, engineering and technology through the CMU College of Science and Technology.
Its solid and advanced programs will engage you in scholarly learning and hands-on activities that will help you succeed in your future career.
The college strives to:
- Enable students to become scientifically literate, think critically and act responsibly.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop the cognitive skills and understanding of the applications of science and technology that equip them to succeed in careers and advanced studies.
- Offer programs, including majors and minors, and services that prepare students to enter and continue in their chosen disciplines, careers or graduate/advanced studies.
- Provide students with graduate programs that meet regional, national and global needs.
- Furnish professional education to students seeking or advancing careers in teaching.
- Encourage student-centered learning environments, including those in which students will experience hands-on and applied education.
- Give students opportunities that enhance interdisciplinary learning.
- Provide opportunities for students and faculty to work in close collaboration to conduct research and other creative activities.
- Encourage and support the creation, advancement and application of knowledge with basic and applied research.
- Encourage strong connections with industries, businesses, governments and knowledge centers through internships, research and student placement.
- Provide and maintain state-of-the-art facilities and resources necessary for students and faculty to achieve their educational and research objectives.