The Statistical Consulting Center provides statistical expertise and support for the research of CMU faculty and graduate students, including:
- Advice in research design and methodology
- Suggesting data entry formats and recommending appropriate data collection methods
- Advice about computer software
- Providing modern statistical analyses and graphics
- Reviewing data analysis sections of research papers
- Suggesting collaborations with CMU faculty members that might lead to new areas of research
When to visit the SCC
The SCC encourages clients to visit early in a research project, particularly in the grant writing and research design stages. Graduate students are welcome to visit as long as they are accompanied by their advisors, however please note that the SCC does not offer advice for classroom instruction. The public is welcome to visit the Center.
All clients receive two free hours of consultation annually. Historically, this has been enough time to complete about 80% of projects. After two hours there is a charge of $70 per hour.
Assistance in writing grants is usually provided free of charge with the expectation that the submitted grant contain a budget line item for future statistical consulting.
Schedule an appointment
For further information, or to schedule an appointment, please contact:
ET Building 130H
Monday, 8:00 AM-12:00 PM; 3:00-5:00 PM
Tuesday, 8:00 AM-12:00 PM; 12:30-3:30 PM
Wednesday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Thursday, 8:00 AM-12:00 PM; 12:30-3:30 PM
Friday, 8:00 AM-12:00 PM; 1:00-5:00 PM