- Ph.D., University of Alabama, 1999
- M.S., University of Alabama, 1996
- B.S., Guizhou University, Guiyang, P.R. China, 1982
Research interest includes model fit tests in regression and statistical applications in medicine. Recent work includes lack of fit test in linear regression and goodness of fit test in logistic regression, as well as statistical shape analysis with medical applications.
Statistics and Mathematics
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Wang, with Ampadu & Steele. Simulated power of some discrete goodness-of–fit test statistics for testing the null hypothesis of a ‘zig-zag’ distribution. Far East Journal of Theoretical Statistics. Vol. 28, No. 2, 2009.
- Wang, with Steele. A review of statistics in aerospace medicine based on a survey of three journals. Aerospace Medical Association Aerospace Medical Association's 80th Annual Scientific Meeting. May 2009.
- Wang, coauthored with Conerly. “Evaluating the Power of Minitab’s Data Subsetting Lack of Fit Test in Multiple Linear Regression” Journal of Applied Statistics. Vol. 35, No. 1. 2008.
- Wang, with Perkins, J. D. A Comparison of Bayesian and Classical Statistics as Applied in a Simple Repeated Measures Example. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods. Vol. 3 No. 1.
- Wang with Lee, Kotecha, Mehta, Kaiser & Bott. An Image Retrieval System Based on Patient Data and Image Content. International Conference on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking, Parallel/Distributed Computing. SNPD2004.
- Wang, coauthored with Conerly, M. Evaluation of Three Lack of Fit Tests in Linear Regression Models. Journal of Applied Statistics. Vol. 30. No. 6, July 2003. 683-696.