- Ph.D., Purdue University, 1985
- M.A.T., Purdue University, 1979
- B.A., Macalester College, 1976
Students' beliefs about mathematics
Mathematics for pre-service elementary teachers
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Frank, M.L. (1991) Put Some POW in your Algebra I Classes. The Mathematics Teacher.
- Frank, M.L. & Ericksen, D. (1991) WITPO: What is the Probability of. The Mathematics Teacher.
- Frank, M.L. (1990) What Myths About Mathematics are Held and Conveyed by Teachers? The Arithmetic Teacher.
- Frank, M.L. (1988) Problem Solving and Mathematical Beliefs. The Arithmetic Teacher.
- Frank, M.L. & Moenk, J. (November, 2009) 101(in Base 2) Ways of Teaching Number Sense to Pre-Service Teachers. Ohio Council of Teachers of Mathematics Annual Conference. Cincinnati, OH.
- Frank, M.L., & Moenk, J. (October, 2008) Beads and Quilts: Teaching Patterns to Preservice Elementary Teachers. NCTM Regional Conference and Exposition, Cleveland, OH.
- Frank, M.L. & Goff, S (November 2006) Projects and Rubrics for Future Elementary Teachers. American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges, Annual Meeting, Cincinnati, OH.
- Frank, M.L. & Goff, S. (November 2005) Math Is…Patterns: Bead Necklaces, Quilts, Snowflakes and More in a Math for Elementary Teachers Class. American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges, Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA.
- Frank, M.L. (May 2005) Simulation Station. US Conference on Teaching Statistics, Columbus, OH.
- Frank, M.L., Lenker, S., LeBlanc, C., & Sanders, K. (November 2004) Make Memorable Activities Part of Every Introductory Statistics Class. American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges, Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL.