CHIP Facility - CMU
CENTRAL HEALTH IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (CHIP Facility)
The Central Health Improvement Program (CHIP facility) is located in the South Grounds building on the campus of Central Michigan University. Our licensed and certified staff provides fitness programming and physical rehabilitation services for CMU faculty, staff, retirees and their spouses and other eligible individuals (OEI).
The CHIP fitness facility is a full scale fitness facility featuring modern equipment and locker room accommodations. Participants can enjoy the benefits of a healthy active lifestyle with the support of qualified staff.
Download a CHIP Fitness Brochure
Participants of every age and fitness level can benefit. The program offers encouragement, resources, and assistance to get participants started down the path of fitness and wellness and keeps them on that path as life and circumstances change.
Make the Commitment . . . Become a Participant!
CMU faculty and staff, CMU retirees, spouses, and other eligible individuals can get started today simply follow these steps:
- Complete and sign the Pre-participation Screening Questionnaire (PSQ) Download the PSQ form
- Medical Clearance-If you are over the age of 40, have two or more risk factors, or have any symptoms of cardiovascular disease as indicated by the PSQ, then a medical clearance form signed by your personal physician will be necessary prior to scheduling a FitCheck Assessment. Download the medical clearance form and the PSQ and have it signed by a physician if need be.
- Schedule a FitCheck Assessment - Please bring your completed forms and wear or bring comfortable clothing, as we will set you up on equipment and get you started on your personalized fitness program.
Contact the CHIP Facility at (989)774-3245 or (989)774-3198 or go to http://secure.ezfacility.com/TMSSelfService/NoAuth/Login.aspx?FID=3225
- Personal Training
Personal training is one-on-one instruction with a certified professional that incorporates the FitCheck assessment results and your personal goals to create challenging workouts designed to meet your individual needs. For more information contact the CHIP Facility at (989)774-3245 or (989)774-3198 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lipid Profile/ Glucose
Get your complete lipid panel (cholesterol) in just minutes with a simple poke of the finger. This is a FREE screening for CMU employees; a fee will be assessed to members of the community to cover the cost of the supplies. To schedule a screening contact the CHIP Facility at (989)774-3245 or (989)774-3198 or by email at email@example.com.
INJURY PRVENTION & REHABILITATION PROGRAM
The CHIP injury prevention and rehabilitation program provides non-occupational services for
- CMU faculty and staff
- CMU retirees
- Spouses and other eligible individuals (OEI) of CMU employees and retirees
- CMU employee dependents 16 years of age and older
The rehabilitation program is open Monday through Friday from 6am to 6pm and operates on an appointment basis. A prescription is required for treatment and must be written for physical rehabilitation. Please contact the CHIP facility at (989)774-3198 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this program or to schedule an appointment with one of our State of Michigan licensed Athletic Trainers.
The CHIP facility provides Athletic Training and Health Fitness internship experiences. CHIP offers interns hands-on experience in the daily operations of an industrial sports medicine clinic and corporate fitness/wellness facility. For more information about the internship opportunities at CHIP, please call (989)774-3198 or send email to email@example.com.