Capital City Internship Program (CCIP)
This program provides CMU students the opportunity to gain experience and network in a governmental setting. The program takes place in Lansing, Michigan with internships available in a variety of legislative, governmental, and special interest offices. All students, regardless of major and year, are encouraged to apply.
This is a tremendous opportunity for CMU students to learn the critical role government plays on campus and in our communities. Academic credit can also be obtained with approval from a faculty advisor.
- Internships are available during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- CMU provides free transportation and parking for students interning on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the spring and fall semesters, but students are able to intern other days as well.
CCIP Student and Employer Contact
- Brian Partie, Jr. - Associate Director, Career Services (for employer questions)
- Erik Simon - Career Coach, Career Services (for student questions)
Steps to Securing an Internship
- Click here for detailed instructions and links
- The basic steps include:
- Sending your updated resume to Erik Simon or bring it with you to an appointment with Erik. Schedule an appointment by calling 989.774.3068
- Researching internships
- Find internship posts through your Career Central account (click on the CCIP logo)
- Contacting employers
- Keeping Career Services informed about your search