Funded in part by a grant from the Michigan Strategic Fund/King Chavez
The Student Transition Enrichment Program (a MiCUP grant) provides support services for first generation and/or Pell Grant-eligible students who transfer from Bay Mills Community College, Lansing Community College, Mid Michigan Community College, and Saginaw Chippewa Tribal College.
STEP goals include:
- Promote knowledge of the transfer process, academic programs and resources at CMU
- Build relationships between students, staff and faculty at both institutions
- Develop academic, self-confidence and career planning skills
Participant requirements are:
- First generation and/or Pell-eligible student.
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Have completed freshman year (24 credits) at Bay Mills Community College, Lansing Community College, Mid- Michigan Community College, or Saginaw Chippewa Tribal College
- Wish to continue your education at a four-year institution
- Attend two one-on-one meetings per semester
- Attend two workshops per semester