The 2009-10 academic year was one of the most successful campaigns in recent history for the Central Michigan Athletics Department. In the classroom, in competition and in the community, Chippewa student-athletes truly portrayed CMU's Championship Culture. Read more about CMU Athletics...
Athletic Accomplishments 2009-10:
- 5 MAC champions: soccer, football, wrestling, gymnastics, baseball
- 3 MAC Divisional champions: football, men's basketball, baseball
- 3.5 Football won the GMAC Bowl in front of a TV audience of 3.5 million viewers
- 3 teams ended their seasons nationally-ranked: football, wrestling, gymnastics
- 53 ALL-MAC student honorees
- 11 MAC Players of the Year
- 3 MAC Coaches of the Year
- 9 All-Americans
- 1,000 Margo Jonker won her 1,000th game as CMU's head softball coach
- 5 NCAA postseason participants: soccer, wrestling, gymnastics, indoor track, outdoor track
- Read more about accomplishments in the Athletics Annual Report...