Unnamed Existing Buildings
- Currently unnamed buildings may be named by the establishment of an of an endowment equivalent to 12.5% of the fair market value of the building.
Portions of Buildings
- Individual rooms or wings in new or existing buildings such as auditoriums, lecture halls and lobbies, need to be considered on a case-by-case basis. Consideration will be given to such matters as type of usage, visibility and traffic flow.
Building Additions and Renovations
- Not less than 50% of project costs.
Relocation or Replacement
- The name on an existing facility will remain for the life of the building. The name on a facility to be demolished will not be transferred to a new facility except in such cases when a useful facility is relocated to serve the greater interest of the university.
- Names of buildings present special considerations for naming opportunities. In general a building should be named as directed by a donor only if a minimum of 50% of the privately secured funds but not less than $1 million is contributed by or at the direction of the donor.