CMU is pleased to provide lodging for the Michigan ASA Softball Tournament this year!
We hope you will consider us your 'Home Away from Home' during the tournament!
Below is detailed information regarding how to register, our summer guest room operations, and other important information. Should you still have questions, please contact our office.
Registration for the tournament housing is available from January 31 through June 17, 2013 while space is available. We have over 140 air-conditioned suites available (more information below), and an additional 75 non-AC suites if all AC suites are reserved.
***Unfortunately, ALL AC-Suites have been reserved.***
You may register for a non-AC suite and should any AC rooms become available we will offer them to you in the order we received your registration.
- STILL AVAILABLE! Non-AC-Suite Three (3) Night Stay (Total Package Cost - $132.00): Thursday June 27 to Sunday June 30, in a 4-person suite. This our standard package.
- STILL AVAILABLE! Non-AC-Suite Four (4) Night Stay (Total Package Cost - $172.00): Wednesday June 26 to Sunday June 30, in a 4-person suite. This package is designed for teams competing early on Thursday June 27.
- NO LONGER AVAILABLE! AC-Suite Three (3) Night Stay (Total Package Cost - $168.00): Thursday June 27 to Sunday June 30, in a 4-person suite. This our standard package.
- NO LONGER AVAILABLE! AC-Suite Four (4) Night Stay (Total Package Cost - $220.00): Wednesday June 26 to Sunday June 30, in a 4-person suite. This package is designed for teams competing early on Thursday June 27.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but WE ARE NOT ABLE to accept block bookings for space reservations. Other options include:
- Each family or suite of guests reserve and pay for their own room in advance or upon arrival. (Recommended Method). If they provide team information we will do our best to group teams together when room assignments are made.
- One person reserves multiple rooms and pays for all rooms in advance or upon arrival. This choice is not recommended as it will take longer to complete your registration. You will have to register one room at a time and MUST have the contact information of at least one person staying in the room.
PAYMENT, CANCELLATION, & REFUND INFORMATION
- If payment was not made online at the time of your registration, payment can be completed by sending a check (payable to Central Michigan University) and a copy of your invoice/registration to:
CMU Camps & Conferences
Bovee University Center Rm 211
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
- If you are planning to pay upon arrival you will be able to make payment by check or cash only at your check-in.
- Cancellations and Full Refunds: There is a $5.00 non-refundable administrative fee for all cancellations. For a full refund (minus the administrative fee) you must cancel 48 hours in advance of your scheduled arrival time by contacting CMU Camps & Conferences office at 989-774-7675 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Early Departure and Partial Refunds: If your stay is shortened to fewer days than your package deal (3 or 4 nights), you are eligible for a partial refund of $52.00/night. ALL REFUNDS WILL BE RECEIVED IN 10-14 BUSINESS DAYS after your departure. Refunds should be requested at the time of your check-out.
GUEST ROOM INFORMATION
Non Air-Conditioned Suites:
Cobb, Troutman, Kesseler, and Campbell Halls
208 West Broomfield Rd.
Mount Pleasant MI 48858
Additional LODGING INFORMATION:
We will be available for check-in as early at 5PM on Wednesday June 26, 2013 for our Four (4) Night package guests and anytime on Thursday June 27, 2013 for our Three (3) Night package guests. The main desk will be open 24 hours a day for the duration of the tournament.Check-out Times:
The final check-out of all guests must happen no later than 4PM on Sunday, June 30, 2013. Parking:
There are specific lots that you should use during your stay with us. Please refer to our campus map
for specific locations of each lot listed below:
Kulhavi – Lot 42 or Lot 40
Linen: Each guest will receive a
linen pack at the desk upon check-in. The linen pack will contain: 2
sheets, 2 bath towels, one facial wash cloth and a pillow case. You
will have a pillow, mattress pad and blanket already in your bedroom
within the suite. We suggest bringing your own pillow if you have a
special one as the ones in the halls are just standard pillows.
Kesseler – Lot 39, Lot 42 or Lot 40
Campbell - Lot 39, Lot 42 or Lot 40
Should you choose to park in any other lots on campus, you could run the risk of getting a ticket. We can NOT do anything about tickets that are issued for any other lots that are not listed above.
Towel Exchange: We rent our linen from a vendor so it is very important that we keep track of all linens. Should you need additional towels – you may want to bring some of your own. You can exchange towels at the front desks but it will be an even exchange system. You bring a dirty towel and you can get a clean towel. Unfortunately no exceptions on towel exchanges.
Furniture in Suites:
Within each bedroom there is a bed, a small
dresser, a desk and a desk chair. There is no other furniture within
the suite. There is a large empty common room right inside each suite door that, if desired, you could bring your own folding chairs or patio type chairs.
TVs and Cable access: There are not individual TVs
in the suites. If you choose to bring a TV and your cable cord – there is cable access
available to you (approximately 40 to 50 channels).
Internet Access: There will be internet access
available to you once you are onsite. We have wireless available or if
you choose to bring an Ethernet cord – you can plug into the wall.
There will be slips available for you at the registration desk with log on instructions.
Ice Machines: We do not have ice machines available to you during
your stay. Ice can be purchased at the 7-11 that is right near Kulhavi
Laundry Facilities: While we do have laundry
facilities on campus, many of the facilities are by electronic card
usage only and those cards are not available to the public. If you are
staying in a hall that does have coin-operated laundry facilities you
will be using those facilities at your own risk. Our halls do not have
regular laundry usage during the summer so sediment from the water does
settle in the pipes. You may have dirty water should you choose to do
any laundry on campus.
SAC Day Passes ($7.00/person/day): University Recreation will once again be providing discounted day passes for access to the Student Activity Center. The SAC has fitness facilties, pool, indoor track, racquetball and basketball courts, and the ULanes Bowling Center (Do not need a day pass for the Bowling Center). Passes may be purchased upon entry at the SAC.
GUEST ROOM POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Night Entrance/Door Locking:
For your safety all exterior doors to our halls will be locked by 12Midnight each night. If you come in or out after that time – you can enter through the main entrance only to each hall. Be ready to show your room key should you come back after Midnight any night. All exterior doors will be unlocked by 8AM each day.
The expectation is that only those of legal age are consuming alcohol while staying with us. We have a zero tolerance policy for consumption of alcohol in public areas or by minors. Public areas are considered: hallways, kitchenettes and lobby areas. If you choose to bring alcohol into the halls, you must drink in your suites with the doors closed. If there are any issues with alcohol our University Police Department will be involved.
Smoking: Central Michigan University is a smoke-free facility. If you need to smoke – it must be 25 feet from any building entrance or building. There is no smoking inside any buildings. Please plan accordingly.