Welcome to the web site of the Faculty Center for Innovative Teaching (FaCIT). Central Michigan University has long emphasized quality educational opportunities for our students. The first core value at CMU is:
- "Student-focused learning, placing the strongest value on learning and teaching."
6 Major Functions of FaCIT:
- Assisting faculty through one-on-one tutorials and project development sessions;
- Assisting and outreach to small groups and departments by holding facilitative dialogs, workshops, seminars, and webinars;
- Offering the New Faculty Orientation and New Faculty Seminar Series;
- Orchestrating an annual conference to serve CMU and the broader educational community;
- Offering teaching resources on FaCIT’s website (e.g. video modules and classroom resources);
- Offering funding opportunities to faculty wishing to partake in professional development and the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (SoTL).
FaCIT is devoted to assisting faculty as they seek to provide state-of-the-art learning opportunities for students. Overall, we can assist you with just about any aspect of teaching and learning that you can imagine, from classroom observations to Blackboard to organizing digital information to moving beyond PowerPoint presentations.
During each of the past few years, we’ve annually served over 500 different CMU faculty. We hope to assist you this year and trust that you’ll benefit from the resources on this website. If you’d like to speak with someone about a specific project, don’t see a topic you would like covered, or just want to talk about teaching and learning, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 989.774.3615. We look forward to serving you and your department.
Jim Therrell & The FaCIT Staff