FaCIT has the capability of designing and printing a wide variety of
large format posters for CMU faculty. Faculty can use these materials as
teaching tools in credit producing courses or for the presentation of their research at regional, national, and international conferences.
Request a Project :: Large Format Printing
Getting started is easy with our online Project Request Form! We’ll
need some basic information from you to help track how our services are
being used by faculty. The form will ask about:
- Your Name, Department, and Contact Information
- Type of Project (poster title, how it will be used) and requested timeline
- Where the poster will be used (classroom, conference, etc)
- How many people the poster will benefit (course reference
number of the class you will use it in, number of students impacted,
number of people expected to attend conference poster session)
Fill out the Large Format Poster Request Form
About the Printer & Paper
FaCIT has a HP 5500 PS printer equipped with a 6 color UV ink system.
Our printer can accomodate 42″ rolls of paper, and can print images and
documents up to 40″ wide (allows for print margin) and up to 8 ft long.
- HP Universal Semi-Gloss Photo Paper
- HP Universal Coated Paper
- With advance notice, we can stock additional paper types (a stocking fee may apply).
Design for Research Posters & Course Materials
FaCIT's Graphic Designer assists a large number of CMU faculty with their large format design and printing needs each semester. Our staff can provide professional design assistance for research posters
to display your research at the regional, national, or international level. We can also assist you with custom designs for any print materials used in classroom
, including reference charts and diagrams. We can also help with design assistance on smaller scale printable projects
(course packs, syllabi, handouts, etc.) While most of the services we provide to faculty are free, there are
some guidelines that must be met in order for the cost to be waived. It
is important that you understand the guidelines that must be met, and
the cost that might be applied before you begin a printing project with
us. In addition, you may have a number of questions about poster
formats, design considerations, timelines, and delivery.
For our basic cost rates, please see the Printing Costs section on this page. For further information, please contact our Graphic Designer to discuss your ideas and to get started on your project.
Research Poster Templates
FaCIT provides a number of research poster templates in various formats for faculty and students to use as starting points for their posters. Check out our collection and download a template to get started!
Printing Guidelines & FAQs
Who can use FaCIT's printing services? What if my project is grant funded? Are there any design guidelines? Where else can I go for printing? Learn this and more on our Printing Guidelines frequently asked questions page.
Faculty Research Poster & Classroom Materials Printing
Includes Printing & Design Services Costs based on: one Print; 40 inch x 60 inch; Low Ink Usage; Standard Paper
- No Charge for the services if all of the following criteria are met:
- Research Poster is presented at a non-CMU sponsored conference and/or the classroom materials are used for teaching in a CMU credit producing course and contribute to achieving learning objectives (no decorative posters).
- For Research posters, the requesting CMU Faculty member must be the first CMU author listed on poster
- Central Michigan University's visual prominence on poster must be equal to or greater than that of any co-authoring university
- The research or materials have not been grant funded
- $35.00 charge (apx) for these services if:
- Research is presented at a CMU sponsored event or conference
- Faculty member requesting the service is not the first CMU author listed on the poster
- CMU is not visually represented either with equal or greater prominence with co-presenting institutions
- The project received grant funding
- Another print copy is needed in addition to the original print.
- NOTE: This cost only covers the cost of printing. If your materials do not fall under the Research Poster or Classroom Materials guidelines, please contact us to determine if we will need to also bill for designer time.
Graduate and Undergraduate Research Poster Printing
Includes Printing Service only. Additional charges apply to design services. Costs based on: One Print, 40 inch x 60 inch; Low Ink Usage, Standard Paper
- Printing Only (no design): $35.00 (apx)
- Poster Design and Printing: $110.00 (estimate based on 2.5 hours of design time and print costs)
Promotional & Other Printing Projects
- $36/hr for design time
- $3.00 per linear foot (standard paper/low ink usage)
- Multiple prints available only if arranged prior. Contact our designer to find out if we can accomodate multiple prints for your pr
These rates are subject to change at any time. Please contact FaCIT to confirm the current pricing structure (989) 774.3615