The School of Broadcast and Cinematic Arts strives to serve five fundamental objectives:
1. To provide BCA majors and minors with a comprehensive media education that will prepare them for an entire career progression in electronic media or associated enterprises.
2. To provide students with an experiential foundation that helps them remain flexible and adaptable even as convergence, technological and organizational developments bring about changes in the media environment.
3. To provide the essential media literacy component of a broad, liberal arts education with specific emphasis on the impact and influence of electronic media and cinema on all CMU graduates’ professional and personal lives.
4. To provide hands-on co-curricular laboratories in which participants gain realistic media experiences in facility operation, programming, and management.
5. To provide local and global audiences with audio and video programming via radio, television, digital and emerging media, that broadens their listening and viewing options across multiple platforms.
Broadcast and Cinematic Arts