The CMU Flute Choir performs on campus, hosts the Central Michigan Flute Festival every few years, travels to festivals and public schools in Michigan, and has performed at Chicago and Columbus National Flute Association conventions.
The group can be heard on New Beginnings, performing a movement from alumni Scott Winship’s award winning piece, The Sign.
- The Central Michigan University Flute Choir conducted by Joanna Cowan White played an afternoon concert for the Chicago Flute Club Festival in Evanston, Illinois. (Sunday November 8, 2009)
- James Galway Concert Mass Flute Choir Performance: Representatives of Central Michigan University Flute Choir, Eight students, Hill Auditorium, Ann Arbor, Michigan (May 10, 2008)
- Southeast Michigan Flute Association Flute Festival, Fifth Annual, Made in Michigan Concert, Central Michigan University Flute Choir Performance, Royal Oak, Michigan (April 28, 2007)
- Central Michigan University Flute Choir Performance with Central Michigan University Symphony: Co-Conductor (November 27, 2001)
- Central Michigan University Flute Choir Performance at the National Flute Association Convention, Columbus, Ohio, August 2000.
- Central Michigan University Flute Choir Performance at the National Flute Association Convention, Chicago, Illinois, August 1997.
- Central Michigan University Flute Choir Performances at Central Michigan University, Chamichian Hall, (1987-present).
Flute Choir Instruments
- Burkhart Phelan Piccolo
- Haynes Piccolo
- Zentner Piccolo x2
- Yamaha 684 Flute for the studio
- Yamaha brass/gold Alto Flute with curved headjoint x2
- Gemeinhardt Alto Flute
- Yamaha brass/gold Bass Flute
- Gemeinhardt Bass Flute
- Baroque Flute by Roderick Cameron x2