Selection of a site should be made with careful consideration and may be made on the basis of the following:
1. Variety of work experiences the employer will provide.
2. Stability of employment and possible pay requirements. (All internship sites must have an affiliation agreement on file with CMU prior to students beginning their internship. The internship coordinator is responsible for sending this document to the internship site).
3. Accessibility of location.
4. The work environment and duties to which students will be exposed.
5. Willingness of the employer to work closely with individual students.
6. Willingness of supervisor to individualize instruction.
7. Willingness of supervisor to provide training for expected tasks.
8. Involvement of employers in the educational process.
9. Willingness of supervisor to provide post-experience evaluation of student in order to assess student performance.