Fashion CampTentative Schedule
Breakfast: 8:00 – 9:00 am
Lunch: 12:00 – 2:00 pm
Dinner: 5:00 – 6:00 pm
Breakdown of activities by day:
Students will check in at 5, meet fellow students and staff at 6, and have a pizza social at 7.
- Using computers, magazines, etc. to look at what it happening in fashion and why. Students will compile pictures, fabrics, etc. to create a series of trend boards that will represent what they discovered in regards to current silhouettes, colors, fabrics, trims, details and more.
– Students will learn the basics of Fashion Illustration. We will be creating fully-rendered drawings of what their refashioned garment(s) will look like. We will introduce Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop to the students. They will learn the basics of how to draw flats using the computer. Specifically, they will draw flats of the designs that they did in the Illustration class.
– Students will work with AMD students who will assist them in transforming their garments to look like the designs they worked on in Illustration and CAD over the past two days.
– Students will still work with AMD students who will assist them in transforming their garments to look like the designs. After lunch, they will wear the garments that they made and students will put together a mini-portfolio of their work from the week that will be presented at the fashion show for the parents on Friday afternoon.
– Students will assist in setting up the fashion show in the morning and have a run through or two for the show. The parents will show up after lunch, have time to look at the portfolios and see a slideshow of their kids and what they did all week and then watch the show. Refreshments and Hors d'oeuvres will be served.