Fashion Association of Merchandising & Design(FAMD)
February 16, 2010
Our latest success was our Hot Chocolate Fundraiser! Thank you to everyone who signed up for a shift! We made about $50!
Our final price for the tote bags will be $12!
- On March 2 nd, instead of having a meeting, we will be supporting THREADS by participating in their fundraiser at
Riverwood Bowling Alley! There will be no meeting in Pearce...just go straight to bowling! This event will take place from 7-9 PM. The cost will be $10. This $10 fee will give you two games of bowling and the shoe rental. Part of the money will go towards THREADS!
- March 16 th Meeting: Career Services will be here for a speech on setting up resumes and interviews!
- March 25 th Spinning Wheels Fundraiser from 7-9 PM! Wear your 70s themed costume and a friend! We have the place to ourselves for those two hours so bring friends!
- March 30 th Meeting: AATCC from 7-8 PM and E-Board Voting for 2010-2011 academic year from 9-10 PM!
- April 10 th: THREADS Fashion Show!!
- April 13 th Meeting: AATCC from 7-8 PM and Internship Presentations from 9-10 PM!
- April 15 th: Spring Semester Banquet!! The new E-Board will be announced! Active Member certificates will also be given out!
At our February 16 th meeting we had students from the Graduate Program speak! They told us about the expectations of the program and why we should consider it. It was very helpful and enjoyable to hear about the Graduate Program!
Peter Carman from the Paris American Academy also spoke at this meeting. He informed us of the Summer Program that many students in our field participate in. The program seems like an amazing experience. Congratulations to all who attend