Students who pursue a master’s degree in Apparel Product Development and Merchandising Technology (APDMT) follow a flexible program that meets a variety of career needs in the vast apparel and textile industries. Consider key features distinguishing this CMU program:
- Course work and hands-on experiences offered in state-of-the-art facilities, including computer-aided design (CAD) laboratories, textile testing laboratory, and apparel production laboratory
- The only university in the midwest to have 3-D body scanner capability, to use infrared thermography, and to design for specific environmental temperatures and humidity levels with an environmental chamber
- Faculty with multidisciplinary and collaborative research expertise
The textile and apparel industry is in the midst of a technological revolution that is destined to change the way consumers shop for apparel and textile products, the way these products are designed and manufactured, and their ultimate end use. Using the advanced resources available at CMU, graduates of this program will be leaders in shaping the inevitable changes coming to the textile and apparel industry.
CMU’s apparel technology and state-of-the-art equipment and software includes:
- Human Solutions VITUS/Smart 3-D Body Scanner
- FLIR Systems ThermoVision A20M Infrared Imaging System
- Environmental Chamber
- Instron Textile Tester
- Lectra Systems: Kaledo, Mikalis (PDM), FitNet, Modaris
- Adobe Software: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator
The faculty in this program will help you to select coursework and learning experiences that meet your career needs and help to advance knowledge in apparel and textiles.