Admission Requirements for the Graduate Program
A new graduate position is available for the academic year of 2008-2009!!! For a complete list of roles, responsibilities, and more information click here.
The student must meet the general requirements for admission to the College of Graduate Studies. In addition, applicants for admission to the RPL programs must:
- Have a bachelors degree with (a) a major in Recreation, Parks and Leisure Services Administration on campus (or similarly titled program) with appropriate concentration, or (b) a degree in another area with attained competencies commensurate with a RPL degree.
- Have a grade point average of 3.00 over the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
- Submit two references for academic potential and two references for human service abilities.
- Submit a written candidate's paper, discussing professional/career goals in relation to the graduate program in RPL at CMU and identifying and discussing prior experiences relevant to proposed program and professional/career goals.
- Submit results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
Forms can be downloaded below, or are available from the RPL Graduate Coordinator, Dr. Dean Pybus in Finch 102.
- If the student has insufficient background in RPL, that applicant must complete 3-12 credits of course work in RPL, which is determined by the student and graduate adviser.
- If the GPA is below 3.00, the student must attain a GPA of 3.00 in the first 12 semester hours of graduate courses.
Graduate Academic Potential (submit 2 reference forms)
Human Services Abilities (submit 2 reference forms)
Please complete all forms, and return to:
Dr. Dean Pybus, Graduate Coordinator
Recreation, Parks, and Leisure Services Administration
Central Michigan University, Finch 102
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859