Estimated Costs for One Year of Graduate Study
2009-2010 Cost Information
The U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) requires that Central Michigan University obtain verification of financial support from all applicants. The following expenses are estimates only; they are subject to change and adjusted annually. These amounts are considered minimum costs for a full course of study. PLEASE NOTE that all expenses have been calculated for an academic year consisting of two sixteen-week semesters (nine months).
|Tuition (academic year - 18 credit hours total)
Master's/Specialist's - $766/credit* = $13,788
Doctoral - $850/credit* = $15,300
|Food, Housing and Utilities
|Medical Insurance (approximate cost - subject to change.) Medical Insurance is mandatory for all international students. For further information contact the Office of International Affairs,
||$1, 295 |
|Books and Supplies
(laundry, entertainment, clothing, local travel, etc.)
|Total Estimated Cost
- Printing costs for programs requiring dissertation/thesis
- Tuition fees, books for summer courses
- Food, housing, utilities, medical insurance, and incidental expenses for three months during the summer (approximately $3,000 student only).
- Travel expenses to the United States.
- If spouse and/or children are traveling to the U.S. with student, the following are required:
Proof of additional support in the amount of $3,500 each (U.S.) for spouse and children 12 years of age and older. For children under 12 years of age the amount of $1,750 each (U.S.) is required.
Medical insurance for family members (12 months) is $2,894 (spouse) / $2,302 (covers all children).