Matthew Stack, MSPA, LLP, MA, PA-C
- Position: Associate Professor and Regional Clinical Education Coordinator
- Department: Physician Assistant Program
- Campus Address: 1236 Health Professions Building
- Office Hours: By appointment
- Phone: (989) 774-6585
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courses: Emergency Medicine, Clinical Problem Solving, Interpretive Research & Literature, and Evidence-Based Medicine
- Area(s) of Expertise: Emergency Medicine, Psychiatry, and Evidence-Based Medicine
Degrees and Universities
MSPA, Central Michigan University
MA in Clinical Psychology, Wheaton College
BA in Education, Alma College
Professor Stack began his career with Central Michigan University in 2007 as an Associate Professor and Regional Clinical Educational Coordinator in the Physician Assistant Program. Professor Stack was awarded a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies from Central Michigan University; Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology from Wheaton College; Bachelor of Arts in Education from Alma College; and an Emergency Medical Technology Certificate from Mid-Michigan Community College.
Prior to joining CMU, Professor Stack held positions as Psychiatric Physician Assistant at The Guidance Center in Flagstaff, Arizona; faculty at the Southwest School of Missions; Physician Assistant at the Navajo Health Foundation/Sage Memorial Hospital; masters level Clinical Psychologist for the Family Health Psychiatric Association; and as Foster Care Counselor, Teaching Parent, and Recreational Therapist for Eagle Village.
Professor Stack possesses extensive experience in multidisciplinary chronic pain treatment, child sexual abuse treatment, rural Native American healthcare, psychiatry and psychotherapy, community health education and development, and supervising physician assistants in family medicine and psychiatry.