The Health Professions Residential College is a great place for students who:
þ Are committed to successfully completing their college education and reaching their
þ Have been successful in high school and have earned a 3.0 GPA or higher and a 21 or
greater on their ACT.
þ Desire membership in a healthy living and learning community, including an alcohol and
tobacco free environment.
þ Agree to participate in a structured program with required activities and required
documentation that lead to greater success in college.
þ Will make a commitment to meet all requirements for each semester by reading and
signing the HPRC Commitment Agreement and acknowledging that failure to do so may
result in expulsion from the HPRC.
How to apply for the 2013-2014 academic year:
1. Complete an online housing application through the Office of Residence Life before final acceptance can be made to the HPRC.
2. Indicate your interest in the Health Professions Residential College in Emmons Hall under "Housing Preferences."
3. Complete the separate and additional application at the "Online Application" link on the right side this page. The deadline for applications is April 29, 2013 for the 2013-2014 academic year. Please fill out the application if you wish to be added to the waiting list.
Health-related Undergraduate Majors available to HPRC students are:
- Athletic Training/Sports Medicine
- Biomedical Sciences
- Community Health
- Communication Disorders
- Exercise Science
- Health Administration
- Health Fitness
- Public Health Education and Health Promotion
- School Health Education
- Sport Studies
- Therapeutic Recreation
NOTE: CMU does NOT offer a nursing program!!
Undergraduate Majors help prepare you for Graduate Studies (Masters or Doctoral Degrees after completing a Bachelor's degree) in the following professions:
- Medicine & Pre-Osteopathy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Speech-Language Pathology
Residential College (HPRC)