Beginning in the Fall 2011 semester, students who complete their Central Michigan University English language requirement through the English Language Institute (by completing the ELI Dual Program) may qualify for a $1,000 scholarship. This one-time scholarship will be applied towards the recipient's tuition during the next semester in which the student is enrolled at CMU.
- Any student admitted to the undergraduate Bridge Program who is required to take ELI Dual Program courses based on his or her placement test scores.
- Any conditionally admitted graduate student required to take ELI Dual Program courses based on his or her placement test scores.
- ELI only admitted students can qualify if they apply for admission to CMU and are accepted before completing all of their Dual Program requirements.
- Students must have completed at least 6 ELI credits (two courses) to qualify for the award.
- Students must register full-time for the semester following their completion of the Dual Program as a full-time student at CMU. (Students who complete the Dual Program in spring semester can have their scholarship applied to the following summer or fall semester - whichever applies).
- Does not apply to students who complete the language requirement through taking the TOEFL, IELTS, or other approved language test.
How to apply:
Students do not need to apply for the award. The ELI Director will send a list of qualified students to the Office of Financial Aid at the end of each semester. The award will then be directly applied to the student's account after the student has registered for courses the following semester.