The Master of Public Administration at Central Michigan University provides a professional degree to prepare students to assume or advance in careers in the public and non-profit sectors. The program focuses on developing critical thinking, analytical skills, and an appreciation for ethical decision making. The program maintains a commitment to the recruitment and education of a diverse student body, and the recruitment and professional development of a diverse faculty. Consistent with the University's mission, the program through collaboration with Global Campus Programs offers the degree to underserved communities in select locations served by CMU.
Accordingly, MPA-CMU has the following goals:
- Graduating well qualified professionals who will assume careers in the public and non-profit sectors.
- Graduating well qualified mid-career professionals who will be prepared to advance in careers in the public and non-profit sectors.
- Balancing practical learning with the current theories of management, leadership, and administration.
- Provoding a systematic understanding of political, economic, and social issues facing public administrators.
- Developing quantitative, analytical, and information and technology management skills required for current and future work in the public and non-profit sectors.
- Offering students professional development opportunities through internships and applied research in the public and non-profit sectors.
- Developing core competencies in problem solving skills, policy analysis, legal and constitutional frameworks, and management of a diverse workforce.
- Growing the MPA program for an Global Campus audience through traditional and non-traditional delivery modes.
>>View the MPA program flyer
>>Request Information from CMU's Global Campus