Employers are a key ingredient in internship program success. Without the willing participation of employers there would not be a political science internship program at CMU.
Employers serve a pivotal role, acting as a bridge between the academic and the practitioner's world. Employers provide students with the chance to apply their academic studies in the work place, gaining valuable hands-on experience and career insights
While all employer inquiries are welcome, the CMU political science internship program seeks to partner with organizations in the following five categories:
- Elected officials at the national, state & local level; such as office of the governor, U.S. congress, and state legislature.
- A variety of federal, state, local government agencies.
- Non-profit private service agencies (e.g.: Red Cross, United Way)
- Political parties, interest groups, trade associations and lobbying firms, consulting and policy think tanks
- Law practices and trial court systems.