Danny Patterson, Ph.D.
- Position: Professor
- Campus Address: Anspach 301-I
- Office Hours: Fall 2011 -
- Phone: 989-774-2666
- Email: email@example.com
Undergraduate Senior Seminars:
- The Life and Works of Henry David Thoreau
- The Rise of the American Novel
- The Varieties of Nature in American Romanticism
Area of expertise:
- Early American Literature
- American Nature Writing (all periods)
- Early American Natural History
- John James Audubon
- Susan Fenimore Cooper
Degrees and Universities:
- Kent State University, PhD, 1985
- Kent State University, MA, 1980
- Clemson University, BA, 1975
- Early American Nature Writers: A Biographical Encyclopedia (Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press, 2008.
- Edward Taylor’s Gods Determinations and Preparatory Meditations: A Critical Edition (Kent State University Press, 2003).
- Essays on Nature and Landscape by Susan Fenimore Cooper. Co-edited with Rochelle Johnson. Introduction by Daniel Patterson. Foreword by John Elder (University of Georgia Press, 2002).
- Susan Fenimore Cooper: New Essays on Rural Hours and Other Works. Co-edited with Rochelle Johnson. Foreword by Lawrence Buell (University of Georgia Press, 2001).
- Rural Hours, by Susan Fenimore Cooper. Co-edited with Rochelle Johnson (University of Georgia Press, 1998).
- Reading the Earth: New Directions in the Study of Literature and Environment. Co-edited with Michael Branch, Rochelle Johnson, and Scott Slovic (University of Idaho Press, 1998).
Books in Progress:
- The Voyage to The Birds of America: John James Audubon’s 1826 Journal (Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 2009).
Areas of Research:
- Early American Nature Writing; John James Audubon
- Association for the Study of Literature and Environment
English Language and Literature