Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Mississippi State University, 2011
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), 2009
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Kerman, 2006
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, American Society of Composites
Nonlinear shell theories and their applications in biomechanics; Dislocation based boundary element method; Theoretical and computational fracture mechanic in piezoelectric and FG materials; Nanocomposites
Elasticity; Composite Structures; Stress Analysis; Vibration, Dislocation Solution; Fracture Mechanics; Piezoelectric Materials; Functionally Graded Materials; Numerical Analyses (FEM, FDM, Singular Integral Equation)
Engineering Dynamics; Strength of Materials; Finite Element Analysis
Honors and Awards
Graduate Research Assistantship, Mississippi State University, Jan. 2010 - Dec. 2011
Bagley College of Engineering Fellowship, Mississippi State University, Fall 2011 - Present
Travel Assistant Grants for Graduate Students (TAGGS), Mississippi State University, 2010 & 2011
E. Asadi, M.S. Qatu, Free vibration of thick laminated cylindrical shells with different boundary conditions using GDQ, Journal of Vibration and Control, DOI: 10.1177/1077546311432000.
E. Asadi, S.J. Fariborz, A.R. Fotouhi, Anti-plane analysis of orthotropic strips with defects and imperfect FGM coating, European Journal of Mechanics A/Solids, DOI: 10.1016/j.euromechsol.2011.11.007.
E. Asadi, S.J. Fariborz, 2012, Free vibration of composite plates with mixed boundary conditions based on higher-order shear deformation theory, Archive of Applied Mechanics, DOI: 10.1007/s00419-011-0588-y.
E. Asadi, M.S. Qatu, 2012, Static analysis of thick laminated shells with different boundary conditions using GDQ, Thin-walled Structures 51: 76-81.
E. Asadi, W. Wang, M.S. Qatu, 2012, Static and free vibration analyses of deep thick laminated composite shells using 3D and various shear deformation theories, Composite Structures 94: 494-500.
M.S. Qatu, E. Asadi, 2012, Vibration of doubly curved shallow shells with arbitrary boundary conditions, Applied Acoustics 73(2): 21-27.
E. Asadi, A.R Farrahi, S.J. Fariborz, 2011, Mixed mode axisymmetric annular cracks in a finite layer: off angle crack initiation, Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics 56: 112-121.
E. Asadi, 2011, Analysis of multiple axisymmetrix annular cracks in a piezoelectric medium, European Journal of Mechanics A/Solids 30(6): 844-853.
M. Yaghoubshahi, E. Asadi, S.J. Fariborz, 2011, A higher-order shell mode applied to shells with mixed boundary conditions, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science 224(2): 292-303.
E. Asadi, S. Fariborz, M. Ayatollahi, 2009, Analysis of multiple axisymmetric annular cracks, Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures 4 (1): 1-13.
- M.S. Qatu, W. Wang, M. Hajianmaleki, E. Asadi, Mechanics of composite thick structures with deep curvature, 16th International Conference on Composite Structures (ICCS16), June 28-30, Porto, Portugal.
- E. Asadi, M.S. Qatu, Static analysis of deep composite shells with mixed boundary conditions based on First-Order Deep Shear Deformation Theory, Proceeding of ASME 2011 Applied Mechanics and Materials Conference, McMat 2011, May 30-June-1, 2011, Chicago, IL.
- E. Asadi, A.R Farrahi, S.J. Fariborz, Analysis of multiple axisymmetric annular cracks in a strip, Proceeding of ASME 2011 Applied Mechanics and Materials Conference, McMat 2011, May 30-June-1, 2011, Chicago, IL.
- E. Asadi, M.S. Qatu, Vibration studies of laminated composite cylindrical shells of arbitrary boundaries. American Society of Composites annual meeting, Aug. 2010, Dayton, OH.
- E. Asadi, S. J. Fariborz, S. Taheri, 2010, Free vibration of composite plates with mixed boundary based on higher-order shear deformation theory, accepted abstract to present at Thirteenth Nonlinear Vibrations, Dynamics, and Multibody Systems, May 23-27, 2010, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA.
- E. Asadi, S. J. Fariborz, M. Moosavi, The solution of axisymmetric Volterra screw dislocation in an infinite domain, half-space and strip, 14th International Conference of ISME, May 2009, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran (in Persian).
- E. Asadi, S. J. Fariborz, Analysis of multiple axisymmetric micro and macro cracks in an infinite domain, 13th International Conference of ISME, May 2008, University of Kerman, Kerman, Iran (in Persian).