Post-Doc., University of California-Berkeley, USA
Ph.D., University of Waikato, New Zealand
M.S., University of Newcastle Upon-Tyne, England
B.S., University of Shanxi, China
GIS-Based Environmental Modeling, Remote Sensing of Aquatic Environment, Watershed Modeling, GIS & Programming
Land-Water Dynamics, Coastal Ecology, Environmental Modeling, Geo-Computation
Collaborative Research: GIS-based Modeling of DOC dynamics from landscapes to coasts: hydrological connectivity and estuarine processes, Yong Q. Tian (PI), Co-PI: Robert F. Chen, Funded by NSF Collaboration in Mathematical Geosciences (CMG) Program for years from 2010-2013.
A Chromophoric Dissolved Organic Matter (CDOM) Observatory, Robert F. Chen (PI), Co-PIs: Yong Q. Tian
and Bernie Gardner, Funded by the Office of Naval Research, Optical and Biological Oceanography Program for years from 2005-2012.
(Publications in ResearcherID, Google Scholar)
- Tian, Y.Q., Q. Yu, C.J. Ye, and A.M. Blunden, 2013，Effects of Climate and Land-Surface Process on
Terrestrial Dissolved Organic Carbon Export to Major U.S. Coastal Rivers, Ecological Engineering, 54 (2013)
W.N., **Y.Q. Tian, Q. Yu, B. Becker,
2013，Using Hyperion Imagery to Monitor the Spatial
and Temporal Distribution of Colored Dissolved Organic Matter in Estuarine and
Coastal Regions, Remote Sensing of
Environment, 134 (2013): 342-354, DOI: 10.1016/j.rse.2013.03.009.
- Tian, Y.Q., *Wang, D., R. F. Chen and *W. Huang, 2012, Using
modeled runoff to study DOC dynamics in stream and river flow: a case study of
an urban watershed southeast of Boston, Massachusetts, Ecological Engineering, 42(2012): 212-222.
- Zhu, W.N., Q. Yu, Y.Q. Tian, R.F. Chen, and G.B. Gardner, 2011, Estimation of chromophoric dissolved organic matter in the Mississippi and Atchafalaya River plume regions using above-surface hyperspectral remote sensing, Journal of Geophysical Research-Ocean, Vol., 116, C02011, doi:10.1029/2010JC006523.
- Tian, Y.Q., Q. Yu, M.J. Zimmerman, S. Flint, and M.C. Waldron, 2010, differentiate among aquatic plant communities and density in eutrophic rivers using remote sensing technology, Freshwater Biology Vol. 55 (8): 1587-1801.
- Yu, Q., Y.Q. Tian, R.F. Chen, A. Liu, G.B. Gardner, W.N. Zhu, 2010, Functional Linear Analysis for Estimating Riverine CDOM in Coastal Environment Using In Situ Hyperspectral Data, Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, Vol. 76(10): 1147-1158.
- Tian, Y.Q., *J.J. Wang, J.A. Duff, B.L. Howes, and A. Evgenidou, 2009, Spatial Patterns of Macrobenthic Communities in Shallow Tidal Embayments and Association with Environmental Factors, Environmental Management Vol. 44 (1):119-135.
- He, H.M., Q. Yu, J. Zhou, Y.Q. Tian, and R.F. Chen, 2008, Modeling Complex Flood Flow Evolution in middle Yellow River Basin, China, Journal of Hydrology, Vol. 353 (1-2), 76-92.
- Kirshen, P., C. Watson, A. Gontz, E. Douglas, J. Lee, and Y.Q. Tian, 2008, Coastal Flooding in the Northeastern USA under Climate Change, The Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Vol. 13 (5-6), 430-451.
- Tian, Y.Q., R. McDowell, Q. Yu, G. W. Sheath, W. T. Carlson, and P. Gong, 2007, Modeling to analyze the impacts of animal treading effects on soil in, Hydrological Processes, Vol. 21 (8) 1106-1114.
- He, H.M., J. Zhou, Q. Yu, **Y.Q. Tian, and R.F. Chen, 2007, Flood Frequency and Routing Processes at a Confluence of the Middle Yellow River in China, River Research and Applications, Vol. 23 (4) 407-427.
- Xie, H.J., **Y.Q. Tian, J.A. Granillo, and G.R. Keller, 2007, Suitable Remote Sensing Method and Data for Mapping and Measuring Active Crop Field, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol. 28 (2) 395-411.
- Xie, H.J., J.M.H. Hendrickx, X. Zhou, H. Guan, Y.Q. Tian, E. Vivoni, and E. Small, 2006, A statistical analysis of NEXRAD precipitation in a semi-arid area of the Southwest United States, Journal of the American Water Resources Association, Vol. 42(1) 237-256.
- Tian, Y.Q., J.D. Radke, P. Gong, Q. Yu, 2004, Spatially Allocating PM2.5 Emissions from Residential Wood Burning in California, Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 38(6): 833-843.
- Tian, Y.Q., P. Gong, J.D. Radke and J. Scarborough, 2002, Spatial and Temporal Modeling of Microbial Contaminants on Grazing Farmlands, Journal of Environmental Quality, Vol. 31(3): 860-869.
- Tian, Y.Q., R.J. Davies-Colley, P. Gong and B.W. Thorrold, 2001, Estimating Solar Radiation on Slopes of Arbitrary Aspect, Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, Vol. 109: 67-74.
- Tian, Y.Q., D.G. McCall and W.H. McMillan, 1999, The Potential for Use of Surplus Dairy Herd Reproductive Capacity for Beef Production, New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research, Vol. 42: 405-414.