Ph.D., Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1988
M.S., Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1981
B.A., History, University of Illinois, Chicago, 1978
- Multimedia and video games in computer science education
- Artificial intelligence/natural language processing
- Electronic publishing
- Computer graphics/human figure modeling and animation
Selected Publications and Presentations
- P. Rajagopal, R. Lee, T. Ahlswede, C. C. Chiang, and D. Karolak, "A New Approach for Software Requirements Elicitation," Proc. of SNPD 05, pp.32-38, Towson, MD, May 2005.
- D. W. Southwell, M. Stinson, R. Lee, T. Ahlswede, "Sync Point Complexity Analysis of Enterprise Systems and Network Monitoring Environments," Proc. of SERA 04, Los Angeles, CA.
- T. Ahlswede and R. Lee, "Cognitive Issues in Software Requirements Analysis," Proc. of the 4th International Conference on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking, and Parallel/Distributed Computing (SNPD 03), Luebeck, Germany, October 16-18, 2003.
- R. Lee, T. Ahlswede, and Y. Choi. "Automatic Generation of Objects from the Problem Domain," Proc. of the ISCA 13th International Conference on Computer Applications in Industry and Engineering, pp. 62-66, November 1-3, Honolulu, Hawaii, 2000.
- C. Dejitthirat, R. Lee, T. Ahlswede, N. Debnath, and S. Shin, "Networking Conferencing in Java: A Case Study," Proc. 1st International Conference on Software Engineering Applied to Networking and Parallel/Distributed Computing, pp. 422-448, Reims, France, May 2000.
- R. Lee, J. Kelsh, E. Lloyd, and T. Ahlswede, "Teaching Visual Basic with Emphasis on Abstraction," Proc. International Association of Management, 15th Annual Conference, Montreal, Quebec, August 1997.
- Amr Malik (Miesel/SYSCO), R. Lee, and T. Ahlswede, "Managing Merchandising Conference," Proc. International Association of Management, 15th Annual Conference, Montreal, Quebec, August 1997.
- S. Rubin and T. Ahlswede, "Generalizing the Design of a Computer Tutor Using Delimited Explanations," presented at the 1996 Frontiers in Education Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, November 1996.
- T. Ahlswede, "Word Sense Disambiguation by Human Informants," Proc. of the Sixth Midwest Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science Society Conference, April 1995.
- T. Ahlswede, S. Akhtar, S.N.J. Murthy , and S.V. Pappu, "Emerging Photonic Technologies: Will they stimulate another computer revolution?," Michigan Academician, vol. 26, nos. 1/2, pp. 95-101, 1994.